Proceeds benefit Cure Sanfilippo Foundation’s mission to accelerate discovery of a first-ever treatment or cure for Sanfilippo Syndrome. All to give children with Sanfilippo Syndrome, like Logan, more good days.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
Curious how the actual shirt looks? Check out this photo of a supporters of another family wearing hers.
About Sanfilippo Syndrome
Sanfilippo Syndrome is a terminal, neurodegenerative disease that causes children to lose all the skills they’ve gained, suffer seizures and movement disorders, experience pain and suffering, and then die. It is likened to Alzheimer’s, but in children.
Sanfilippo Syndrome is caused by a single gene defect which leads to lack of a necessary enzyme in the body. This lack of enzyme results in the build-up of toxic storage in every cell, and is especially harmful to the brain. This build-up causes a cascade of detrimental effects and ultimately death.
Currently there is no FDA-approved treatment or cure for Sanfilippo Syndrome.
Children are born with Sanfilippo Syndrome, but it is invisible until they start exhibiting developmental delays or regression in their early years.
Early symptoms of Sanfilippo Syndrome are often: speech delays, frequent ear infections, poor sleep, “Autistic” behaviors, and hyperactivity. See a complete list of early and later symptoms of Sanfilippo.