“LIGHT UP THE NIGHT” for MPS on Friday, May 15.
Friday is a big day in the MPS community every year. It is International MPS Awareness Day.
This Friday, May 15, when it gets dark, families, friends, and supporters will light candles outside their homes — in their driveways, front porches, or anywhere safe — in honor of people living with MPS.
Everyone is invited to take pictures of their “Light Up The Night” tribute and post it on Facebook with the hashtag #LightUpTheNight and #MPSAwareness.
MPS III (mucopolysaccharidosis) is the official name for Sanfilippo Syndrome. The subdivisions of Mucopolysaccharidoses:
- MPS I H/S (Hurler/Scheie syndrome)
- MPS I H (Hurler disease)
- MPS II (Hunter syndrome)
- MPS III A, B, C, and D (Sanfilippo syndrome)
- MPS I S (Scheie syndrome)
- MPS IV A and B (Morquio syndrome)
- MPS IX (hyaluronidase deficiency)
- MPS VII (Sly syndrome)
- MPS VI (Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome)